GumboLabs needs new members in order to grow, survive and ultimately be awesome. A lot of our charter members have left town and we’ve found that the $50 a month dues are hard to jump into, so we’re trying something new in order to keep sustainable and fresh:
For a recurring fee of $10 a month you can become a GumboLabs supporting member. This is a great way to test the waters or even just support the existence of a hackerspace in New Orleans.
In doing so you’re part of the group, and get benefits such as
- Access to GumboLabs tools while in the space
- Ability to use the space for hacker meetups of whatever nature you choose!
- Discounts on group builds and programs
- Access to SNACKS
- Access to LIFELONG FRIENDS
- Access to GumboLabs bric-a-brac — we’ve got a lot of assorted junk begging to be hacked. While everything isn’t up for grabs, a lot of it is if you check with a full
And of course, the best part: you can do it in 5 minutes and for less than a Netflix account!
Which begs the question: why are the rest of you paying $50 a month? Well, the primary reason is that we need it in order to meet rent, and hopefully those that believe in this space are willing to meet that need. But what remains exclusive to the $50 Full membership level is
- key to the building for 24-hr access to the space (Supporter members will need to grab a regular member for that)
- storage at the space
- chance to be a board member
- greater say in budget expenditure and overall future of the group
Want to hop on? Just head to the Membership page and hit subscribe for the $10 level. Then you can drop into the e-mail list and introduce yourself!
Naturally, our open houses, build nights, meetings, etc are open to everyone to attend, but this is a chance to get involved, make something, and meet others just as curious about hacking